We participate in international cooperation in a number of ways, both globally and regionally. We support the Government offices of Sweden in various international conventions, organisations, and processes.
Our international work is founded on:
- the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Sweden’s policy for global development
- the “generation goal” within Sweden’s environmental objectives.
The Ocean Conference
Fiji and Sweden initiated The Ocean Conference in New York, 5–9 June 2017. The conference focused on Sustainable Development Goal 14, one of 17 goals in the 2030 Agenda.
Conventions and organisations
We support the Swedish Government in various regional and global conventions, organisations, and processes such as:
- the Arctic Council
- the Convention on Biological Diversity
- the Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR).
Cooperation with Sida
Our engagement in development issues is based on the government’s policy for global development and Sweden’s development cooperation. We collaborate with the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, Sida within the framework of a global program and with regional development support in Asia/Pacific and Africa:
We also have bilateral environmental with strategically important countries within the environmental and climate areas: