Department for Fisheries Management
The department coordinates the work regarding an integrated Swedish implementation of the EU Common Fisheries Policy, particularly working toward a sustainable management of fisheries resources through an ecosystem-based approach.
The department's areas of responsibilities include:
- Administrative Control
- Fisheries Monitoring Center
- Fisheries Policy
- Fisheries Licensing
- Landing Inspection
- keeping connected the various parts of fisheries management regarding the introduction of common regulations, national regulations, and the implementation of fisheries control
- coordinating, promoting, and supporting the policy work necessary for Sweden to achieve its objectives for fisheries and water-related environmental policies
- the regulation, licensing, and monitoring regarding living aquatic resources
- the work regarding the implementation of HELCOM's Baltic Sea Action Plan (BSAP) concerning fisheries
- Sweden's implementation of the EU's fisheries control and operative responsibility
- coordinating information with other relevant Swedish agencies
- providing support within its area of responsibility to Sweden's Government Offices
- preparing regulatory issues within its field.