Sustainable hydropower – strategic planning, measures and governance meeting
Strategic planning, measures and governance meeting in Storforsen Vidsel, Sweden 12-14 June 2019
On June 12-14, an international meeting was held in Storforsen at Pite River with the theme of sustainable hydro power. Participants were representatives from 8 different countries representing authorities, operators, interest organizations and NGOs.
The meeting had three main themes:
- Essentials for planning successful improvement of environmental values while securing the benefits of hydropower production.
- The smorgasbord of environmental measures and best available technology.
- Governance with regard to sustainability, resilience, biodiversity and climate change.
- Programme Pdf, 597 kB.
- Conclusions by Jakob Granit, Director General, Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management Pdf, 126.1 kB.
- Sustainable hydropower, European perspective Pdf, 7.6 MB.
- Essentials for planning successful improvement of environmental values while securing the benefits of hydropower production Pdf, 5.3 MB.
- Hydropower in Scotland - A Regulator’s Perspective Pdf, 2.3 MB.
- Finland´s national fish passage strategy and mitigation measures Pdf, 2 MB.
- Swedish National plan for sustainable hydropower Pdf, 2.3 MB.
- The smorgasbord of environmental measures and emerging best available technology (to mitigate ecological impacts) Pdf, 5.1 MB.
- Mitigation measures in Swedish hydropower Pdf, 1.1 MB.
- Mitigation measures in Swedish hydropower from a operator perspective – strategy, examples and conclusions Pdf, 8.2 MB.
- Swedish downstream passage solutions Pdf, 6.5 MB.
- Research portfolio hydropower and environment Pdf, 2.5 MB.
- Increased hydropower and salmon production Pdf, 20.8 MB.