Sustainable hydropower – strategic planning, measures and governance meeting
Strategic planning, measures and governance meeting in Storforsen Vidsel, Sweden 12-14 June 2019
On June 12-14, an international meeting was held in Storforsen at Pite River with the theme of sustainable hydro power. Participants were representatives from 8 different countries representing authorities, operators, interest organizations and NGOs.
The meeting had three main themes:
- Essentials for planning successful improvement of environmental values while securing the benefits of hydropower production.
- The smorgasbord of environmental measures and best available technology.
- Governance with regard to sustainability, resilience, biodiversity and climate change.
- Conclusions by Jakob Granit, Director General, Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management
- Sustainable hydropower, European perspective
- Essentials for planning successful improvement of environmental values while securing the benefits of hydropower production
- Hydropower in Scotland - A Regulator’s Perspective
- Finland´s national fish passage strategy and mitigation measures
- Swedish National plan for sustainable hydropower
- The smorgasbord of environmental measures and emerging best available technology (to mitigate ecological impacts)
- Mitigation measures in Swedish hydropower
- Mitigation measures in Swedish hydropower from a operator perspective – strategy, examples and conclusions
- Swedish downstream passage solutions
- Research portfolio hydropower and environment
- Increased hydropower and salmon production